Introduces Seven Pro-Life Bills to Fight Biden Administration’s Radical Pro-Abortion Agenda
WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Jim Risch (R-Idaho), as a member of the Senate Pro-Life Caucus, introduced seven pieces of legislation this week to protect the unborn, prevent taxpayer dollars from going towards an abortion, and provide support for pregnant and parenting mothers.
“There is nothing more valuable than human life, yet the Biden Administration and radical Democrats want abortion on demand with little or no restrictions. North Korea and China are among the other countries in the world that allow abortion on demand to this level, and America certainly should not be within their ranks. I will always protect the rights of the unborn and stand with mothers,” said Risch.
Senator Risch introduced the following pro-life legislation:
- The Protecting Individuals with Down Syndrome Act, which would prohibit abortion on the sole basis that the child has Down syndrome;
- The Protecting Life on College Campus Act, which would prohibit federal funds from going to any college or university that provides abortions or abortion drugs to students at the campus health clinic;
- The Protect Funding for Women’s Health Care Act, which would prohibit federal funding of Planned Parenthood, while maintaining funding for health care services for women through other organizations;
- The No Taxpayer Funding for Abortions Act, which would permanently prohibit tax payer dollars from going towards elective abortions;
- The Standing with Moms Act, which would create a federal clearinghouse of federal, state, and local pro-life resources for pregnant and parenting mothers;
- The SAVE Moms and Babies Act, which would reinstate the in-person requirement to obtain abortion drugs, blocking the distribution of abortion drugs by mail or telemedicine. This legislation would also prevent the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) from approving any new abortion drugs; and
- The Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act, which would make it a crime for a physician to knowingly perform an abortion on a minor from out of state without parental consent.
Risch is a member of the Senate Pro-Life Caucus, which is chaired by Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.). Senator Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) is also a member.