Washington, DC — Students from throughout the state of Idaho are interning in the regional and Washington, D.C. offices of Senator Jim Risch this summer. The students will assist with legislative research and constituent services, as well as learn about the workings of the federal government.
The interns in Washington, D.C. are:
- Stephen Parrott, of Buhl, is a senior at the
University of Idaho majoring in agricultural business. He is the son of Dan and Cally Parrott.
- Alex Semanko, of Eagle, is a senior at Regis University majoring in peace and justice. She is the daughter of Norm and Lana Semanko.
- Phil Thurston, of Sugar City, is a senior at
Brigham Young University majoring in geography.
Phil is the son of Russell and Arlene Thurston.
- Taryn Wheeler, of Moscow, is a junior at George Washington University majoring in political science. She is the daughter of Michelle Wheeler.
The interns in Idaho Falls and Coeur d' Alene respectively are:
- Shannon Sullivan, of Coeur d’Alene, is a senior at the University of Idaho majoring in English. She is the daughter of Colleen Sullivan.
- Jordyn Cziep, of Rexburg, is a senior at Brigham Young University – Idaho majoring in political science. She is the daughter of Becky Bochenek-Boyle and Shane Boyle.
For more information about internships, interested applicants can go to Senator Risch’s website. Applications for the fall session, which runs from September to December, must be received in the Senator’s office by July 10.